Child Tax Rebate Now Available from State of Connecticut
The Child Tax Rebate, which was recently authorized by the Connecticut General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont, is intended to help Connecticut families with children.
You may be eligible for a Child Tax Rebate of up to a maximum of $750 ($250 per child, up to three children). To be eligible for this rebate you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of Connecticut; and
- You must have claimed at least one child as a dependent on your 2021 federal income tax return who was 18 years of age or younger; and
- You must meet certain income thresholds, which vary according to your filing status.
You are required to apply for the rebate; it is not automatic. To complete the application, you’ll need the following information:
- Your federal adjusted gross income from your 2021 federal income tax return;
- Your filing status from your 2021 federal income tax return; and
- The full name, date of birth, age as of December 31, 2021, social security number, and relationship to you of each child who was 18 years of age or younger (up to a maximum of three) you claimed as a dependent on your 2021 federal income tax return.
Applications must be received by July 31, 2022. The application should only take a few minutes to complete, and is located here: https://egov.ct.gov/drschildrebateform/
Wishing you and your families well,
Sean M. Dowling, CFP, EA
President, The Dowling Group Wealth Management
Please feel free to forward this commentary to family, friends, or colleagues. If you would like us to add them to the list, please reply to this e-mail with their e-mail address and we will ask for their permission to be added.
- Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice and are not intended as investment advice or to predict future performance.
- Economic forecasts set forth may not develop as predicted and there can be no guarantee that strategies promoted will be successful.
- Past performance does not guarantee future results. Investing involves risk, including loss of principal.
- The foregoing information has been obtained from sources considered to be reliable, but we do not guarantee it is accurate or complete.
- Consult your financial professional before making any investment decision.
ADV & Investment Objectives: Please contact The Dowling Group if there are any changes in your financial situation or investment objectives, or if you wish to impose, add or modify any reasonable restrictions to the management of your account. Our current disclosure statement is set forth on Part II of Form ADV and is available for your review upon request.
It's a busy world. Our newsletter helps keep you tuned in to major market events, money-saving opportunities, filing deadlines, and other important information. One email per week and no spam — promise.Subscribe